You can expect to have a GP or Nurse Practitioner consultation within 2 working days if your condition is non-urgent, however you may have to wait longer if you are requesting a particular GP.
We always try to accommodate your choice of practitioner however we may suggest that you see another type of practitioner or service if this is more appropriate to your needs. For example:
1. You can book directly with our physiotherapist if you have a problem with your joints, are experiencing muscular pain, sprain or back pain etc.
2. Our Nurse Practitioner is available for consultation for any of the following conditions:
- Exacerbation of Asthma
- Bites and Stings
- Colds or Flu symptoms including fever
- Emergency Contraception
- Muscle Sprains
- Sore Throats
- Water Infections
- Vaginal Irritation / Discharge
- Skin Infections
- Rectal Bleeding / Piles
- Menstruation Problems
- Ring Pessaries
3. All of the pharmacies in Stanley and the surrounding areas operate a Minor Ailments Scheme and can offer advice and treatment free of charge, even if you do not normally pay a prescription charge. A full list of conditions can be found on Page 10 of our practice leaflet.
You can choose to have a face to face consultation or telephone consultation. If you choose telephone consultation, you will be given an appointment slot and the GP or Nurse Practitioner will ring you back on your preferred number. (Please allow 15 minutes either side of your appointment time for unavoidable delays in the clinic or surgery.)
Urgent cases will always be seen on the day, by either the GP or Nurse Practitioner, therefore you will be asked to leave details with the receptionist, including telephone number, and the GP or Nurse Practitioner will ring you back to assess the urgency, avoiding any delay.
You may find the following links about appointments useful:
Your GP Appointment
Your GP Consultation
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.